Attention! Most services from student customer services are available online. Please call us or send us an email if you don't need one of the following:
- KELA meal card
- HSL or VR student certificate
Please be prepared to show your student card or other ID when you claim your transcript or attendance certificate or when you register for study courses.
Wednesday to Friday 10am - 2pm
Exceptions to opening hours can be found here.
The electronic transcript of records and certificate of student status are PDF documents equipped with a digital signature to confirm their authenticity and integrity. The digital signature replaces handwritten signatures and stamps.
Transcripts of records and study certificates can be made with a digital signature in Sisu (instructions).
Electronic documents are official only in their digital form and not as paper-printed copies, for example. They can not be modified, as any change made to the file invalidates the digital signature.
The electronic transcript/certificate should be a valid alternative in all situations where signed and stamped paper documents are used. Whatever the transaction, if the party concerned does not accept your digitally signed document, you may request a signed and stamped paper document from LUT-university student customer services.
The Student Customer Service is located on the third floor of the university's second building, room 2313.
Student Customer Services
The Customer Service Team provides services related e.g. to the following to all LUT students:
- enrolment for the academic year
- registration for exams and study courses
- study certificates
- official transcripts
- registration of completed study courses
- reinstatement of study rights and re-enrolment
- discontinuation of studies and renouncing one's study right
- maturity tests
- graduation ceremonies
Transcripts of records and study certificates can be made by students with a digital signature in Sisu (instructions).
You can order a Kela meal card, study certificate and transcript of records from here.
Outside of the office hours you can reach the team staff by telephone: + 358 29 446 3040 and + 358 29 446 3041. Our e-mail address is email@example.com. Our postal address is LUT / Student Services, PL 20, 53851 Lappeenranta.
Student Services Secured Email
If you do not have a LUT email address, you can send the email secured when the message or its attachments contain confidential information.
Instructions for using secured email can be found here. (to be updated)
Outlook encrypted email for LUT email users
Users of LUT e-mail can send e-mails containing confidential information as Outlook encrypted e-mail.
Instructions for using encrypted email can be found here.
Staff e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ms. Tuula Peltonen - Study Secretary
room 2313, tel. + 358 29 446 3041
Away until 3rd December
Mr. Markus Korhonen - Study Secretary
room 2313, tel. +358 29 446 3040
- register services: enrolment for the academic year, registration for study courses and exams, reinstatement of study rights, transcripts and attendance certificates, registration of completed study courses
Ms. Tiina Kronqvist - Study Secretary (Technology students)
room 2313, tel. + 358 400 176 485
Ms. Taina Pekari - Study Secretary (Industrial Engineering Management / Computer Science students)
room 2313, tel. + 358 40 502 2879
Ms. Mervi Lensu - Study Secretary (Business Administration students)
room 2313, tel. + 358 50 322 6464
- Application for Approval of Master's Thesis Topic (form 1A)
- Application for Assessment of Master's Thesis (form 1B)
- Application for Master's Degree Certificate (form 1C) and request for graduation in SISU
- Degree Certificates
- Arrangements for graduation ceremonies
Other Customer Service Staff
Ms. Minna Ranta - Head of LUT Student Services
room 2323B, tel. + 358 40 510 0597
- supervisor of Customer Service Team
- misconducts in studies
- student interaction: Student Union, student guilds
- graduation ceremonies
- reinstatement of study right
- appeals to Degree Board