Bring Your Own Device or BYOD means that you need to use a laptop computer to study. LUT recommends that students have own computer to study.
Successful and smooth completion of your studies requires the use of your own laptop computer for studying.You will use computer during lessons, do your essays and other tasks, watch teaching videos and study independently with computer.
Wi-Fi at the campus
There is a wireless Eduroam network on LUT campus. You can login to Eduroam by using your student email address and LUT account password. You can use Eduroam e.g. at many other universities around the world.
Installable software to support studies
LUT offers you Microsoft Office 365 Pro plus software suite for free for your studies. You can install the software suite to your own computer. In addition, you can use the student versions of many of the programs required for your courses for free. You can find a complete list installable programs from here.
- CPU: Intel Core i3
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 256 GB (SSD)
- Display: FullHD (1920 x 1080)
- Connectors: HDMI and USB
- Support for wireless network
These are useful
- Long lasting battery, lessons and practices are often 1.5-4.0 hours long and charging the battery is not always possible.
- Screen should be large enough, so you can keep two windows open side by side.
- Your computer should be light enough to carry with you whole day.
- At LUT, most programs used in studies work only in Microsoft Windows operating systems! Keep this in mind when choosing the laptop.
Order computer for a decent price!
Computer is HP 250 G7 and it meets computer recommendations.
Note! LUT university is not participating this computer order, service and support process anyway, in all possible problem cases you have to contact directly Dustin customer service.