Bring Your Own Device or BYOD mean that you need to use a laptop to study. LUT recommended that student have own computer to study.
Successful and smooth completion of your studies requires the use of your own computer for studying.You will use computer during lessons, do your essays and other tasks, watch teaching videos and study independently with computer.
Wi-Fi at the campus
In LUT campus is wireless, free and safe Eduroam network. You can login to this network with your student email address and LUT account password. You could use Eduroam wherever it is supported, e.g. other university campuses in Finland.
Systems and programs to help study
The University offers you the Microsoft Office 365+ software suite for free for your studies. You can also download the software suite to your own computer. In addition, you can use the student versions of many of the programs required for your courses for free. In addition, the campus has several computer classes where you can use programs and study
Remote Desktop also allows you to study when you're not on campus or if you want to use a specific computer program.
- CPU Intel Core i3
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 256 GB (SSD)
- Display FullHD (1920 x 1080)
- Connectors: HDMI and USB
- Support for wireless network
These are useful
- Long lasting battery, lessons and practices are 1.5-4.0 hours long and always battery downloading is not possible.
- Screen is big enough, so you can keep two windows open side by side.
- Your computer is light enough to carry with you whole day.
- At LUT, we use Microsoft Office services, keep this in mind when choosing the operating system for your computer
Order computer with decent price!
Computer is HP 250 G7 and it meets computer recommendations.
Note! LUT university is not participating this computer order, service and support process anyway, in all possible problem cases you have to contact directly Dustin customer service.