For all the new students beginning their studies in LUT a joint orientation will be organised. Participating in the orientation is definitely worth it, as it is a good way to ensure a smooth start for the studies.
Just before the beginning of the actual subject studies, a joint orientation will be organised for all the students beginning their studies at LUT. The orientation will be organised both in August/September and in January during the previous week before the start of the actual subject studies.
Important information about the beginning of the studies, the university as a community, student community, the support services and the study location, Lappeenranta, will be offered during the orientation. International students also receive basic information about the Finnish society, culture and life in Finland.
Participation to the orientation takes place under the guidance of you appointed tutor (read more about peer tutoring). Tutor plays an important role in helping new students get assimilated into the the university system.
If you have questions regarding the orientation you can contact tutoring secretary Katri Kankaanpää (email: tuutorointisihteeri(at)lut.fi) or Tanja Karppinen (email: tanja.karppinen(at)lut.fi).
Here you can see the programme:
- Juha-Matti Saksa, Rector: Land of the Curious
- Kalle Michelsen, Professor: Go with Science
- Anna Hirsimäki, LUT Student: Feel the Spirit of Skinnarila
- Tanja Karppinen, Project Manager: First Year Experience @ LUT
- Minna Ranta, Head of Student Services: LUT Student Services
- Lappeenranta Academic Library
- Language Center
- Minna Ranta, Head of LUT Student Services: Ethical Guidelines for Studying
- Mari Trinidad, Head of Study Counselling (+ study counsellors): Studies @ LUT
- ESN Lappeenranta
- Guilds/ Armatuuri ry, Cluster ry, Enklaavi ry, Kaplaaki ry, Sätky ry, KRK ry, Pelletti ry, Ketek ry, Lateksii ry
- Finnish Student Health Services (FSHS)
- SaLUT Sports
- Banking Services (EKOP)
- IT Services
- TEK & Finnish Business School Graduates
- Student Union of LUT (LTKY)
- Lappeenranta Student Union Housing Foundation (LOAS)
- LUT Welcome Team
- Tanja Karppinen, Project Manager/LUT Student Services
- Tiina Kukkurainen, Coordinator LUT Student Services
- Coordinator Suvi Tiainen/LUT Student Services
The orientation day for Master's Degree Programme in Circular Economy and Master's Degree Programme in Industrial Desing Engineering will be organized on 23rd of August at NiemiCampus (Lahti) starting at 9.15. The adress is Mukkulankatu 19, 15210 Lahti.
The program for the orientation day can be seen here.