International Master degree students
International exchange study period for you is the autumn semester of your second year of studies at LUT. This means you that apply for exchange January - February of the same year.
The minimum of credit obtained from one semester exchange is 20 ECTS, but 30 ECTS is recommended.
Thesis work is not possible. Second year Master students are not eligible to apply for exchange
1. ONLINE APPLICATION – Application period January 18 - February 15, 2021
Once you have sent the online application in LUT Mobility-Online, you will receive an email with further instructions. Use the link in the email to log in to the LUT Mobility-Online. You will see the tasks to be completed and your application status in Application Workflow view.
Online application is checked by LUT when all the required attachments are uploaded to LUT Mobility-Online. When the application and the attachments are correct, application is marked as formally checked by LUT International Services.
2. REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS
Check that the quality of the documents is good and that you have uploaded the documents in the correct places.
- Passport size photo
- Upload a passport (facial) photo in the LUT Mobility-Online.
- Optimal size is approx. 250 x 300 pixels (max 500).
- Unofficial facial photo will do.
- After upload check that quality of the photo is good.
- Unofficial transcript of records in English
- Obtain it from Sisu and upload it to LUT Mobility-Online.
- Keep in mind that you can update the document during the application period.
- Language certificate
- Language certificate is needed for some host universities - check details in Uni portal.
- Many host universities have minimum language level requirements (A2 – B2)
- For LUT Language certificate (Language Centre) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants for USA, New Zealand and Canada need an official English language certificate, TOEFL or IELTS
- Those who don't need the language certificate at this stage can upload a blank document
- Learning Agreement
- Learning Agreement is created digitally in LUT Mobility-Online.
- You'll find courses on the websites of the host universities
- N.B. the Learning agreement is preliminary at this stage, and it is subject to change when you start the studies at the host university. Updating can then be done in LUT Mobility-Online.
- Final Learning Agreement will be approved (and digitally signed), after your exchange has officially been confirmed.
3. APPLICATION COMPLETED IN THE MOBILITY ONLINE
- You will receive an e-mail from LUT Mobility-online when your online application is checked and marked as complete by LUT International Services, and you'll see it also in Application Workflow view.
- Check that the data in the application form is correct, especially "Semesters being present including the current one".
- Make sure that your information (especially the banking details) are always up-to-date.
Good luck with your application !