LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE MASTER'S PROGRAMMES IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
The aims and content of Master's studies in business administration in Lappeenranta University of Technology are based on the university's strategic focus areas – especially sustainable value creation.
The aim of the Master's studies is to provide students with wide-ranging skills and knowledge to work in management positions in business. Students who complete the degree also possess the knowledge, skills and mindset needed for postgraduate studies. In other words, the Master's degree helps the graduate to respond to the growing professional requirements of industries and also lays a foundation for doctoral studies in business administration.
Students are able to influence the contents of their studies by making choices based on their own strengths, interests and goals. The learning outcomes of the Master's programmes are of the same academic level but different in content.
The learning outcomes of the Master's Programmes in Business Administration: Graduated student
- is a competent expert in his/her field
- is able to apply scientific knowledge and methods in practice
- is able to integrate different fields and views of business administration
- is a productive and responsible teamplayer and
- has a global point of view to business.
The detailed learning outcomes are described in the programme descriptions:
- Accounting (in Finnish) (LAMO) : prof. Pasi Syrjä
- Knowledge Management and Leadership (in Finnish) (TIJO) : prof. Aino Kianto
- Master's Programme in International Marketing Management (MIMM) : associate prof. Hanna Salojärvi
- Master's Programme in Strategic Finance and Business Analytics (MSF) : prof. Mikael Collan, co-director assistant prof. Sheraz Ahmed
Master's Programme in Strategy, Innovation and Sustainability (MSIS) : associate prof. Anni Tuppura
Master's Programme in Supply Management (MSM) : associate prof. Katrina Lintukangas