Focus of the Master's Degree in International Marketing Management
The Master's Degree in International Marketing Management integrates the disciplines of marketing, international business and digitalization and technology management. It thereby addresses the needs of global firms operating in turbulent environments facing growing challenges in their marketing management. Changes in international business practices, the globalisation trend and advances in technology all affect the field of marketing management.
The Three Focus Areas of the Master's Degree in International Marketing Management (MIMM)
- international business and
- digitalization and technology management
The overall purpose of the Master's degree programme is to provide students with marketing-management-related knowledge, skills, values and attitudes. With its specific focus on the management of global knowledge-intensive innovation activities, the degree is tailored to the needs of future marketing managers operating in highly turbulent international environments. International marketing management is considered the driving force behind and an essential element of the many operations a firm has to conduct and coordinate in today's globalised world. Market orientation is a strategic orientation that makes it easier for the firm to analyse and understand its customers, partners, competitors and regulators, and thereby to create customer value. This, in turn, should promote sustainable competitive advantage and enable the firm to reap superior benefits. The curriculum follows an interdisciplinary path, simultaneously addressing the principles and practices of international marketing and business, innovation, and knowledge intensity.
The Double Master's Degree Programmes in International Marketing Management is the result of successful international cooperation between LUT and universities abroad:
- the Double Degree Programme with the SKEMA Business School in France. This program involves SKEMA's Master of Science in International Marketing and Business Development (MSc IMBD) and LUT's Master's Programme in International Marketing Management (MIMM). For MIMM - SKEMA Double Degree Program, please see detailed instructions.
- the Double Degree programme with the University of Twente (UT) in the Netherlands. This program involves UT's Master in Strategic Marketing & Business Information (SMBI) and LUT's Master's Programme in International Marketing Management (MIMM).
- the Double Degree programme with the University of Economics (VSE), Prague, Czech Republic. This programme involves International Business – Central European Business Realities Master's Programme and LUT's MIMM programme.
Each MIMM Double Degree Master's degree programme takes app. two or two and half years and corresponds to the minimum of 120 ECTS credits. The students admitted into the double degree programme receive a degree certificate from both universities, provided that they fulfill the requirements of the DD-partner universities (depending on which program the student is admitted into). The programmes might have pre-requisities, please see the detailed degree structures.