Here is a few easy steps how to make information security better:
- Use strong password whit small and capital letters, numbers and marks and least 16 items.
- Don't use same password with different usernames or sites.
- Remember that LUT never ask your username or password via email or by phone!
- Remember that messages which is too good to be true is usually fake or virus.
- You can check real internet address when you place your cursor upon the address but don't click it.
- If you are using a public-access computer, please remember always to close the browser and log out when you are done using Uni.
- Lock your computer always when you don't use it.
- Use safe Eduroam network in campus area. More information about Eduroam network here.
Be on the lookout for emails that ask for your username and password. Information Services and Technology or the HelpDesk will never ask for your password for any reason. The phishing messages may also have links to a log-on page. Never use these links. Instead, always log on directly to the lut.fi domain addresses written in your browser.
If needed, you can verify the matter from the Origo Service Desk by phone!
Change your password if you answer phishing message!