Students who wish to start working on their Master's thesis should read Final Thesis Instructions carefully and contact first the person responsible of your Master's Programme:
- Software Engineering and Digital Transformation: Associate Professor Jussi Kasurinen
- Software Product Management and Business: Professor Sami Hyrynsalmi
The student also discusses about the topic of the thesis with the professor to make sure it meets the scientific requirements for a Master's thesis.
For detailed information, please see Master's thesis project.
- The student applies for the approval of the thesis topic from the 1. supervisor. An application (1A -form) is returned to study secretaries by e-mail. Please note that the thesis topic application and the evaluation of the thesis can not be handled during the same month. Please check the intructions and deadlines.
- After getting a permission to publish the thesis in LUTPub from the 1. supervisor, the abstract in English and the master's thesis assessment application (1B -form) should be submitted to study secretaries at least 4 weeks before the thesis is meant to be evaluated by the dean.
- Thesis presentation must be given in seminar not later than 5 weeks before graduation date, and it is to be given before the thesis is to be evaluated by the dean.
- The degree acceptance application (1C-form) along with all required appendices should be submitted to study secretaries at least 4 weeks before the graduation ceremony.
All the applications (forms 1A, 1B and 1C) are to be submitted to the study secretaries by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
LUT students can graduate on specific dates decided by the rector. Those who have completed their higher university degree receive their degree certificate from the rector in a graduation ceremony or may request to have it sent to them.
Student's LUT user account expires on the day of graduation. Students are asked to transfer their e-mail traffic to another e-mail address well before the graduation date.