International Master's Programme - Global Management of Innovation and Technology
High level academic (M.Sc.) Master's Programme in Industrial Engineering and Management – Global Management of Innovation and Technology offers a wide variety of perspectives of management of innovation and technology in an international environment that is based on the combination of business, engineering and management.
Today's global business world demands engineers and economists that are capable of managing businesses in international markets. In Finland, as well as throughout the world, multinational companies and innovative start-ups require talented business and engineering graduates with an international mindset and understanding management of innovations and new technologies. Would you like to be one of them? This Academic Master's Degree Programme welcomes students worldwide to study in Lappeenranta University of Technology, Lappeenranta, Finland!
Aims and Learning Outcomes
Graduates from the Master's Programme in Global Management of Innovation and Technology will possess a wide variety of perspectives on the management of innovations and technology based on the combination of business, engineering and management. They will be able to cooperate and solve complex situations in today's networked business world due to diverse study methods and working in teams.
The studies in the programme promote the abilities necessary for business decision-making in innovation and technology management: critical and innovative thinking, a global business perspective, an entrepreneurial mindset, enhanced communication skills as well as the state-of-the-art knowledge of relevant technical tools and development methods to be applied. Already during the studies and the thesis projects, close collaboration with industry ensures the practical real-world application of new knowledge and theories. Additionally, the provided studies of research methods and scientific writing also construct a firm basis for graduates to continue in post-graduate studies in this field.
The graduates will
- be able to create and analyse strategies within an international context relating to products, services and technologies
- be able to practice and manage decision-making strategies, frameworks and tools in global networks and markets
- be able to analyse processes and structures of organisations and their development issues
- be able to practice, plan and manage the build-up of product families, product systems, and product platforms for tangible and intangible goods using widely different management methods in companies and networks
- be able to plan and manage international business from start-ups to multinational enterprises
- be able to apply innovation and technology management theories, methods and tools of decision-making and analysis to practical management activities.
Head of GMIT Programme is Associate Professor, D.Sc. (Tech.) Ville Ojanen.