Location: 2nd phase, room 2208, Yliopistonkatu 34, 53850 Lappeenranta
Opening hours: Mon-Sat 9-21 (entrance only via the 2nd building door see the location map).
Access: Entering with your personal magnetic key. You can reach the university porters Mon-Fri during office hours in room 1133, e-mail email@example.com, phone +358 29 4462669.
Lahti Campus, Niemenkatu 73
Location: NiemiCampus, Niemenkatu 73, 15140 Lahti
Opening hours: Mon-Fri 9-16
Access: Entrance via the building main entrance, guided route to EXAM hall. The doors are open at 10-14. During 8-10 and 14-16 the main doors are locked. Call the phone number at the door for access.
Space common to LAB, LUT and University of Helsinki.
Location: room 2004, Lönnrotinkatu 7, 50100 Mikkeli
Opening hours: Mon 8-16, Tue closed, Wed 13-16, Thu 12-16, Fri 8-12.
Access: The door of the exam room is open, and the university porter can be reached by phone +358 40 515 1113. The exam lockers are numbers 1 to 8.
Please wear a face mask
Students who take exams on campus must remember to follow guidelines related to the coronavirus and not to come to the campus if they feel at all sick. We strongly recommend to wear a face mask in the LUT/LAB EXAM halls.
Exceptions to EXAM hall access and opening hours:
Lappeenranta EXAM hall:
Entrance only via the 2nd building door (the door next to EXAM hall), see the location map (pdf)
Closed 1.5, 13.5., 1.6., 8.6 and 25-26.6.
Lahti EXAM hall:
Opening hours: Mon-Fri 9-16
Closed 13.5. and 25.6.
Make your exam booking on the previous day of your preferred exam time at the latest.
Be prepared to prove your identity when you arrive at the campus building.
Niemenkatu 73, 2nd floor:
Use the main entrance on the Niemenkatu side of the building.
The doors are open at 10-14. During 8-10 and 14-16 the main doors are locked. Call the phone number at the door for access.
Once you have finished your exam, exit the building without delay using the same route you used when arriving.
Mikkeli EXAM hall:
Closed 13.5. and 25.6.
The code of conduct of an electronic exam
- The supervision of the exam is assured by cameras, your magnetic key, your personal log-in and random checks. In addition, the exam room has a recording camera surveillance that captures also sound. Registering to the electronic exam signifies the approval of the camera surveillance.
- Open the exam room door always with your own magnetic key (only in Skinnarila Campus)
- You are not allowed to move around in the room without a reason, and you may leave the room only once, when having returned your exam.
- Silence is required in the exam room.
- Do not bring anything with you to the exam room, except your magnetic key and the locker key.
Registration for the exam
- The electronic exam system is called "Exam". You are able to register, when your teacher has shared the exam link with you.
- During your first registration, you must accept The Code of Conduct of an Electronic Exam.
- When you have registered, choose the suitable location for your exam.
- Pick a date and time for your exam in the calendar. The exams start always on the hour.
- You will receive, via e-mail, a confirmation which includes your exam date, time and the number of your specific computer.
- You can delete or change your registration before the exam starts, if needed. However, do this as soon as possible to make it available for others.
Arriving in the electronic exam
- Check the number of your exam computer before arriving.
- Leave all your belongings in the lockers that are reserved for the examiners.
- Leave the locker key in the stand on the wall of your exam desk.
- When entering the exam room, you have to keep in mind that you might interrupt someone's exam. Therefore, you need to keep quiet and you may not leave or move around in the room before having finished your exam.
- When you have entered the room and found your computer, you may begin with the exam. The exam time starts running from the hour that you booked.
- Remember to save the exam before closing the browser.
In case of a problem
- In case of an error or a problem due to technical or other reasons, act regarding the instructions "In case of a problem". The instructions can also be found on the exam computers as well as at the lockers outside the exam room.
- If you have special needs concerning electronic exams, contact firstname.lastname@example.org before registering for the exam.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions EXAM visit is not available at the LUT group EXAM halls (LAB and LUT).
Exam visit means that you can take your own university's exam in another university's Exam room.
More information: https://e-exam.fi/in-english/
EXAM visit for LUT students
When you make a reservation for an exam in another university's Exam room, carefully read the instructions and the code of conduct of the university you visit. IMPORTANT: Make sure that the Exam computer in the university you visit has the software needed in your exam.
Instructions: How to book exam time from another university
EXAM visit in the LUT EXAM rooms for students of another university
If your university has joined the EXAM visit service, you can book an exam time to a LUT EXAM computer in Lappeenranta, Lahti or Mikkeli. Check the opening hours and locations of the EXAM rooms on the left on this page.
You need a magnetic key to enter the EXAM room in Lappeenranta. You can borrow the key from the Student Customer Service during their opening hours. When returning the key outside of office hours, you can leave it to the mailbox by the Student Customer Service's door. When making a reservation, make sure you have time to retrieve the magnetic key before the exam.
The magnetic key is not required in Lahti or Mikkeli, where the EXAM rooms have open access from 8am to 16pm.
LUT EXAM computers
You don't have to login to the computer.
On the desktop, double click the shortcut 1. EXAM to begin. Select your home university and login to EXAM with your university's credentials.
The EXAM computers have the following software available:
- Word (without proofreading)
- Acrobat Reader (pdf)
- IDLE (Python)