Lappeenranta University of Technology (LUT) provides lower university degree (Bachelor's) studies in the field of business administration and eight fields of technology. The Bachelor's studies are taught only in Finnish, except for the BSc in Technology and Engineering Science, which is arranged in English. The average duration of the studies is three years, providing 180 ECTS credits and a Bachelor of Science degree in the field in question.
The common objectives for Bachelor's degree are set in The University Regulations on Education and the Completion of Studies as follows:
Studies leading to the lower university degree shall provide students with
1. knowledge of the basics of major and minor subjects or equivalent modules or studies included in the degree programme, as well as the competencies required to follow the development of the field
2. a capacity for scientific thinking and the application of scientific working methods
3. the knowledge and skills required in education leading to the higher university degree and in life-long learning
4. the ability to apply their knowledge and skills in the world of work, and
5. sufficient communication and language skills.
The education is based on scientific research and practices in the relevant professional field.
The Bachelor's studies include an independent scientific work, Bachelors' Thesis, guided by common Bachelors Thesis Guidelines.
The programme specific intended learning outcomes and course contents are available in the programmes' Study Guides in English even though all Bachelor's programmes are taught in Finnish.
· BSc programme in Business Administration
· BSc programme in Chemical Engineering
· BSc programme in Computational Engineering and Analytics
· BSc programme in Energy Technology
· BSc programme in Electrical Engineering
· BSc programme in Environmental Technology
· BSc programme in Industrial Engineering and Management
· BSc programme in Mechanical Engineering
· BSc programme in Software Engineering.